By embarking on the pathway to recovery family members are able to be free from being affected by the chaos, conflict, and crisis that active addiction brings. We understand the pain and struggles people go through when a significant other is engaging in self-destructive behaviours. We do not have all the answers in fact no one really does but one thing we can say is that recovery is possible when the family starts to see that they didn’t cause it and they cannot cure it.
There is no cure for addiction but there is a recovered state that people can live in happily one could view this has remission if we had to draw parallels with other serious illnesses. Our programme is based on our Wellness Recovery Model the ACT Model along with the principles of the 12-model of recovery.
Recovery852 helps families move from chaos, conflict, and crisis to a culture of recovery. The aftercare programme will give significant others the opportunity to take that vital step back and look at their actions, responses, ideas, and belief systems regarding their loved ones. We believe from our experience that change must come from within and it’s only from looking within that this change can take place.
What will be covered and included in the family programme?
- How to identify, deal and manage triggers (internal and external)
- How to set healthy boundaries
- Health and wellness
- How to deal with distorted thoughts and feelings
- How to stop enabling and rescuing
- How not to feel isolated, alone, helpless, and desolate
- Learn that problems come from choices
- How to address the unmanageability on one’s life
- How to explore and actively work and apply principles like honesty, hope, faith, and courage
- How to own denial and let go
- Learn that addiction isn’t anyone’s fault
- How to shift from a culture of chaos, conflict, and crisis to a culture of recovery and wellness.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and 12-Model of recovery
- 2 sessions a week (12 sessions)
- Workbook, exercises, and handouts
We also do 4-day intensive retreats in Hong Kong for family members. To sign up for the 6-week family programme or learn more about the retreat please contact us we are happy to answer any questions you may have.
[email protected] or alternatively call us on +852 2910 7978